Updated: November 20, 2018
Your Privacy Matters
CareerSpace’s mission is to provide information and tools to help people find fulfilling jobs and grow in their career to achieve professional success. Central to this mission is our commitment to be transparent and compliant about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
Types of Personal Information
CareerSpace collects personal information in support of its mission to provide information and tools to help people find fulfilling jobs and grow in their career to achieve professional success. This personal information is collected through a variety of ways. For example, we collect personal information through the registration and use of our software and mobile apps, whether downloaded or accessed through a cloud-based service. We also collect personal information when you use or visit CareerSpace websites, attend a CareerSpace hosted or sponsored event, or participate in a CareerSpace community. We may receive your personal information if you are a CareerSpace supplier or partner. We may also receive your information from third party partners. If you have other agreements with CareerSpace, then those agreements control with regard to the subject matter they cover.
The type of information we collect will depend on your interactions with CareerSpace. It may include:
Contact and Log In Information. Name, employer, title, email address, physical address, phone number, and similar contact info, user names and passwords.
Payment Information. Credit card number, banking information and billing address.
Demographic Information. Employment status, occupation, region. On occasion, CareerSpace may collect other demographic information, such as gender, race and age.
Registration Information. Product registration information, product interest information, transaction information, and in some cases, student verification information. We may also collect registration information related to your attendance at CareerSpace events, including travel info, scheduling information, food preferences or allergies, accessibility requests and others.
Usage and Geographic Data. CareerSpace collects personal information related to your use of our products, services and websites so that we can analyse and improve. CareerSpace may use aggregated, non-personally identifiable usage data for external training and marketing purposes. In some instances, CareerSpace may provide administrative functionality that allows you to opt out of the collection of some usage data.
Third Party Data. We may receive your personal information from third party suppliers or partners. If you connect with CareerSpace accounts on third party social networking sites, we may receive information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or display name, public profile, and email address. We may combine information you provide with data we collect automatically and with data we receive from third parties. Certain third parties, including analytics companies, advertisers and ad networks, may automatically collect information about you through our websites using cookies, Web beacons, and device identifiers, including personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications.
Images, Video and Recordings. Pictures, videos or audio recordings may be collected by CareerSpace. For example, if you attend a CareerSpace event, your image may be captured in a photo or video. If you call CareerSpace customer support, your call may be recorded.
If you decline to provide your personal information or ask us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
Ways we Use Personal Information
• Provide and deliver products or services, including software updates;
• Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
• Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
• Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by CareerSpace and our selected partners;
• Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
• Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users; or
• Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
Reasons for Using Your Information
When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
• We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with tools and services;
• You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by "opting out" where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
• If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation; or
• You have chosen to make the information public. You should not share any personal information which you wish to keep confidential or private.
Sharing of Personal Information
CareerSpace works to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and does not sell your personal data. In some circumstances CareerSpace may share your information with third parties, for example:
• We may share your personal information when we have your permission, including when you choose to share information using CareerSpace Public or post to our community websites;
• If you connect to your third party accounts through our products, we will use that information to authenticate you, enumerate the data sources available to you, download any data you request us to, and download and refresh authentication tokens or persist authentication information such as user names and passwords as necessary to continue to connect to these data;
• We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of CareerSpace, our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements;
• We transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons. For example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions; and
• Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving products and services for CareerSpace and others.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
We have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to help safeguard your personal information. However, you should know that no company, including CareerSpace, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. To help protect yourself, use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your CareerSpace accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services. For more information about CareerSpace security practices, see https://www.careerspace.com/legal/security.
We offer you the ability to post information and exchange ideas through our websites and other services such as CareerAnswers. Because your posts and information shared through CareerAnswers are public and can be seen by others, we caution all users to consider what they post and not to disclose any personal information. CareerSpace will not be responsible in the event that you disclose personal information in your posts, through our public services or during any other communication with other website users.
In certain circumstances we may retain your personal information after you have closed your account or are no longer actively engaged with CareerSpace. For example:
• We may retain your personal information after you have closed your account so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can "unsubscribe" to receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested;
• We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third parties, or to comply with the law; and
• We may retain personal information about how you have used our products and services in order to improve and develop our business.
• If you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your personal information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with customer service, or for compliance purposes, for example, in order to comply with our record keeping requirements.
Controlling your Personal Information
Our marketing emails permit you to "opt-out" of receiving further marketing emails. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
You may have the right, depending on which country you reside in, to ask us to provide a copy of the personal information we hold about you (provided that we may ask you for proof of your identity). You may also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information or to ask us to delete it. We will consider these requests regardless of where you live.
In addition, if you are based in the EU and accessing our Sites, then you also have the right to ask us to:
• Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed;
• Provide you with details about how we process your personal information;
• Consider your valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information);
• Update or delete personal information which we hold about you;
• Restrict the way we process your personal information;
• Consider your valid request to transfer your personal information to a third party provider of services (data portability); and
• Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Our websites may use various software technologies including “cookies,” “web beacons” and “pixel tags.” “Cookies” are small text files that we and others may place in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. "Web beacons" or “Pixel tags” are small pieces of code placed on a web page or within the body of an email to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or viewing or opening an email. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on our websites from time to time for this and advertising purposes.
We partner with third parties who may place cookies on your browser when you visit our websites, may send their own cookies to your cookie file, and may use those cookies to track and collect information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, and applications and to provide targeted advertising based on your interests and previous browsing history.
Privacy Shield and Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information to third parties outside the EEA will only do so where one of the following applies:
• In the case of transfers of personal information to the US, if the recipient is a member of the Privacy Shield Framework;
• Where the transfer of personal information is to a corporate affiliate of CareerSpace, and we have in place binding corporate rules with such member which safeguard the personal information;
• Where we have in place standard model contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or other legally compliant terms; or
• There is an adequacy decision by the European Commission which means that the recipient country is deemed to provide adequate protection for such personal information.
You may direct any inquiries or complaints concerning our Privacy Shield compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact JAMS, at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. JAMS has committed to respond to complaints and to provide appropriate recourse at no cost to you. If neither CareerSpace nor JAMS resolves your complaint, you may have the possibility to engage in binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel. You may also make a complaint to the relevant EU data privacy supervisory authority.
How to contact us
Career Space Inc. is located in the United States.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com or at CareerSpace Inc., Attn: CareerSpace Legal, 15600 Redmond Way Suite 101, Redmond, Washington 98052.